Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Scope and Contents The Papers of Harrison H. Dodge is a small collection of material created and compiled by Dodge and/or his family. Types of records include correspondence, articles, family trees, news clippings, photographs, and several objects. Most of the items pertain to Dodge’s time as Superintendent at Mount Vernon, however there are some personal family letters, genealogy information, and items regarding his work on a Library of Congress committee. Some genealogical records, mostly fragments and...
Scope and Contents The bulk of this collection is correspondence to Mrs. Laughton concerning Mount Vernon and the work of the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Other material includes correspondence from Mrs. Laughton, formal reports and papers of the MVLA, personal correspondence and memoirs, photographs, printed material, and ephemera. The overall dates range from 1850 to 1891 with the bulk of the collection dating from the 1860s-1880s.This collection contains correspondence from a significant...
Scope and Contents This collection combines the papers and files of each Superintendent or Resident Director listed under “Creators,” as well as their office staff, assistants, and other Mount Vernon personnel. The bulk of this collection consists of correspondence to and from each Superintendent or Resident Director. Other types of material include reports, essays, memos, publications, clippings, official forms, logs or diaries of events, calendars, schedules, photographs, and ephemera. Subject matter...
Scope and Contents This collection includes the letter books and diaries of Superintendent Harrison H. Dodge from the 1885 to 1927, and the monthly reports to the Regent by Superintendent (later Resident Director) Charles Cecil Wall for the years 1948-1967. Dodge’s letter books contain letterpress and handwritten copies of outgoing correspondence. These were bound into 32 volumes in 1968-1969. The majority of these letters are to the Regent, and some take the form of a monthly report. Dodge’s diaries include...
- Names: Dodge, Harrison Howell, 1852-1937 X
- Wall, Charles Cecil, 1903-1995 2
- Blanding, Magdalen McFaddin 1
- Castellani, John A., 1944-1993 1
- Chace, Abby Wheaton Pearce 1
- Comegys, Margaret Douglass, 1816-1888 1
- Cunningham, Ann Pamela, 1816-1875 1
- Dillon, Luke C., 1836-1904 1
- Farnsworth, Hannah Blake, 1802-1879 1
- Halsted, Nancy Marsh, 1817-1891 1
- Harbour, John E. 1
- Harper, Emily L. (Emily Louisa), 1812-1892 1
- Horstman, Neil W., 1946-2020 1
- Johnston, Harriet Lane, 1830-1903 1
- Laughton, Lily Macalester Berghmans, 1832-1891 1
- Mitchell, Martha Reed, 1818-1902 1
- Sweat, Margaret J.M. (Margaret Jane Mussey), 1823-1908 1
- Symmes, Harrison M., 1921-2010 1
- Walker, Letitia Morehead, 1823-1908 1
- Washington, Ella Bassett, 1834-1898 1 ∧ less