Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Charles C. Wall in the Central Passage at Mount Vernon, January 14, 1947
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- January 14, 1947
- Rowe, Abbie, 1905-1967 (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 89 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photographic print of the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia and Mount Vernon's Resident Superintendent Charles C. Wall in the central passage at Mount Vernon. The photograph is adhered to card stock with a printed caption below: Superintendent C. C. Wall of Mount Vernon escorts His Royal Highness through the central hall of Mount Vernon. On the left may be seen the main staircase of the mansion.
4 1/2 in x 3 3/4 in (11.45 cm x 9.5 cm)
- Central Passage Subject Source: Local sources
- Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mansion Subject Source: Local sources
- Mansion Interiors Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Naf
- Photographic prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Saud, King of Saudi Arabia, 1902-1969
- Wall, Charles Cecil, 1903-1995
Part of the Photo Archives of the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association Repository
P.O. Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121 United States