BW-2457 - South Lane , 1946
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Photographers primarily include staff members and contract photographers. The collection spans the 1930s to the 2000s and includes analog material made up of a variety of sizes of film negatives providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, restoration, and changes throughout the estate.
- Chamberlain, Samuel V., 1895-1975 (Photographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 30 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on film negative sizes and types.)
From the Collection: 5 Linear Feet : Unprocessed material
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
BW-2457 - View of the south lane from the south lawn looking north. The circle storehouse and a partial view of the smokehouse can be seen on the left. The kitchen is visible through the trees on the right. In the foreground is the brick wall along the south lane.
- Circle Storehouse, Clerk's Quarters and Paint Cellar Subject Source: Local sources
- Kitchen Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Naf
- South Lane Subject Source: Local sources