John Payne Receiving 40 year Service Award, April 15, 2007
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- April 15, 2007
- From the Collection: Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
2 Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Photographic print of John Payne at the 2007 Spring Council receiving an award for his 40 years of service.
6 1/2 in. x 4 in.
- Ann Pamela Cunningham Building Subject Source: Local sources
- Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Naf
- Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union
- Payne, John Lee, Sr., 1943-2007
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
Part of the Photo Archives of the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association Repository
P.O. Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121 United States