William Jones Permar's Mustache, March 25, 1926
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- March 25, 1926
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
Photographic print of Wilfred Neitzey (left) and Sam Harback (?) (right) measuring William Permar's mustache (middle). A handwritten note on the reverse reads - "Permar's 18 inch mustache" March 25th 1926, Mt. Vernon.
2 3/4 in. x 4 1/2 in.
- From the Collection: Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union (Organization)