Col. James Hollingsworth
Scope and Contents
Col. James Hollingsworth served as Superintendent for the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association from 1872-1885.
- Majority of material found in 1850-2010
- From the Collection: Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 89 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Tintype in cardboard mount of Col. James [John McHenry] Hollingsworth dressed in military uniform. Full-length studio shot of Hollingsworth leaning on a small side table draped in fabric. Accompanying notes state tintype comes from a page of an album of Mary E. Wilson (1837-1907), who lived in Georgetown, Washington D. C. until her marriage to William B. Colbert in 1869. Gift of Mrs. Frank G. Lesure, 1987.
- Employees Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hollingsworth, John McHenry, 1823-1889
- Mount Vernon Ladies' Association of the Union
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Tintypes Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
Part of the Photo Archives of the Mount Vernon Ladies' Association Repository
P.O. Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121 United States