165 Home of Washington, Mount Vernon, Va., 1901, April 14, 1903 (patented)
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- Copyright: 1901
- April 14, 1903 (patented)
- White, Hawley C. (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of the east front of the Mansion at Mount Vernon from the southeast lawn. Mounted on gray board. The publisher's imprint on the front of the cardboard mount reads: The "Perfec" Stereograph. (Trade Mark.) Patented April 14, 1903. Other Patents Pending. H. C. White Co., Publishers. General Office and Works, North Bennington, Vt., U.S.A. Title: 165 Home of Washington, Mount Vernon, Va. Copyright 1901 by H. C. White Co.
7 in. x 3 1/2 in.
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Mansion exterior Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms