Untitled [South Lane and Butler's House]
Item — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Box 1 - Waldsmith - cabinet cards
Identifier: RP-3216 ; Waldsmith CC43
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Cabinet card of the 'Butler's House' along the south lane.
Card mount: 6 1/2 in. x 4 1/4 in. Photograph: 5 1/2 in. x 3 7/8 in.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Cabinet Card Subject Source: Local sources
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Circle Storehouse, Clerk's Quarters and Paint Cellar Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- South Lane Subject Source: Local sources