(29) The Tomb of Washington at Mt. Vernon, Va, near Washington, U. S. A., 1906
Scope and Contents
Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Copyright: 1906
- Kelley, E. W., active 1868-1908 (Publisher, Person)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of Washington's tomb at Mount Vernon with several visitors nearby. Mounted on gray board. The publisher's imprint on the front of the cardboard mount reads: E. W. Kelley, Publisher, Studio and Home Office, Chicago, U.S.A. Sold only by E. W. Kelley, Chicago: Dallas, Tex: Augusta, Ga. Title: (29) The Tomb of Washington at Mt. Vernon, Va, near Washington, U. S. A. Copyright 1903 by E. W. Kelley [489-7679]
7 in. x 3 1/2 in.
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Tomb Subject Source: Local sources