(14) - 9516 - Home of Washington, memorial of the Republic's founder, Mt. Vernon, Va.
Scope and Contents
Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Underwood & Underwood (Publisher, Organization)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of the east front of the Mansion at Mount Vernon. View includes the south porch and visitors lounging and strolling on the east lawn. Mounted on gray board. Publisher's imprint on the front of the board reads: Underwood & Underwood, Publishers. New York. London. Toronto-Canada. Ottawa-Kansas. Works and Studios - Sun Sculpture trademark. Arlington, Westwood, N. J. Title - (14) - 9516 - Home of Washington, memorial of the Republic's founder, Mt. Vernon, Va. Copyright Underwood & Underwood. A history of the estate is printed directly onto the back of mount. Titles of the stereograph are printed in English, French, German, Spanish, Swedish and Russian.
7 in. x 3 1/2 in.
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Mansion exterior Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms