3035. Washington's Tomb at Mt. Vernon., 1902
Scope and Contents
Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Griffith, George W. (Publisher, Person)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of Washington's tomb at Mount Vernon. A paying his respects stands at the entrance. Mounted on brown board. The publishers imprint on the front of the card reads: Sold only by Griffith & Griffith, Philadelphia, Chicago, London, Hamburger, Ger., Milan, Ita. Geo. W. Griffith, Publishers, Philadelphia, Pa. [Title] 3035. Washington's Tomb at Mt. Vernon. Series of 1902 by George W. Griffith.
7 1/16 in. x 3 9/16 in.
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Naf
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 -- Tomb Subject Source: Local sources