Untitled [Outbuildings at Mt. Vernon]
Item — translation missing: en.enumerations.container_type.container: Waldsmith Collection - Box 1
Identifier: RP-3216 ; ST-7184 ; Waldsmith 123
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of four outbuildings in each stereograph frame. The views include buildings near the Mount Vernon Mansion: Kitchen, Circle Storehouse, Gardener's House and Servants' Hall. Mounted on yellow board.
6 3/4 in. x 3 1/4 in.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Card photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Circle Storehouse, Clerk's Quarters and Paint Cellar Subject Source: Local sources
- Gardener's House Subject Source: Local sources
- Kitchen Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Servants' Hall Subject Source: Local sources
- Stereographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms