The Washington Bronze Statue, and State House, Richmond, Va.
Item — Container: Waldsmith Collection - Box 1
Identifier: RP-3216 ; ST-7154 ; Waldsmith 092
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Bell & Bro. (Washington, D.C.) (Photographer, Organization)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of equestrian statue of George Washington by Thomas Crawford in Capitol Square, Richmond, Virginia. Crawford was commissioned by the state of Virginia in 1849. Mounted on pink board. Figures at the base are Thomas Jefferson, John Marshall, Meriwether Lewis, Patrick Henry, George Mason and William Nelson. Photographed and published by Bell & Bro., No. 319 Penn Avenue, Washington, D. C.
7 in. x 3 7/16 in.
- Capitol Square (Richmond, Va.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Card Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereograph Subject Source: Local sources
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings