26490 T Washington Monument -- a Towering Memorial in an Exquisite Setting, Washington, D. C.
Item — Container: Waldsmith Collection - Box 1
Identifier: RP-3216 ; ST-7154 ; Waldsmith 074
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of the Washington Monument from a distance. View taken from between two willow trees with a pond in the foreground reflecting the monument. Mounted on gray board. The publishers imprint on the front of the card reads: Keystone View Company, Manufacturers and Publishers, Copyrighted made in the U. S. A. Meadville, Pa., New York, N. Y., Chicago, Ill., London, England. The reverse of the card includes information about the monument. Stereograph is part of a 400 and 200 series, position 6 in the series.
7 in. x 3 1/2 in.
- Card Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereograph Subject Source: Local sources
- Washington (D.C.) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington Monument (Washington, D.C.) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings