Floral Designs, in honor of G. A. R., Public Garden, Boston, 1890, 1890
Item — Container: Waldsmith Collection - Box 1
Identifier: RP-3216 ; ST-7184 ; Waldsmith 060
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Chase, W. M. (William Moody), 1817-1901 (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Hand-colored stereoscopic view of an equestrian statue of George Washington by Thomas Ball installed in Boston's Public Garden. The bronze sculpture was commissioned in 1859, modeled in 1864, and cast and dedicated in 1869. Mounted on beige board. The photographer's imprint on the front of the card reads: Excelsive Stereo. Views, By W. M. Chase. Floral Designs, in honor of G. A. R., Public Garden, Boston, 1890.
7 in. x 3 1/2 in.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Boston, Massachusetts Subject Source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- Card Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereograph Subject Source: Local sources
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings