East View of Mount Vernon Mansion., 1884-1894
Item — Container: Waldsmith Collection - Box 1
Identifier: RP-3216 ; ST-7184 ; Waldsmith 005
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: Views of Mount Vernon spanning more than 100 years. The Robert Waldsmith Collection consists of approximately 315 stereographs and cabinet cards by Alexander Gardner, N. G. Johnson, Luke D. Dillon, and others. Highlights of the collection include: several west front views of the Mansion, including the earlist known one by Frederick Langenheim, circa 1856; an early view of the tomb, circa 1857, and an international collection of Washington statues and buildings honoring the first President.
- Dillon, Luke C., 1836-1904 (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 236 stereographs and 61 cabinet cards Photographic Prints
Language of Materials
Stereoscopic view of the east front of the Mount Vernon Mansion. Mounted on orange board. Copyrighted by Luke C. Dillon, Photographer to Mount Vernon, Office at Pullman's Gallery, 935 Penn. Avenue, Washington, D. C.
7 in. x 3 7/16 in.
- Albumen prints Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Card Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Mansion exterior Subject Source: Local sources
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Stereograph Subject Source: Local sources