River Front Below Deer Park Along Seawall, 1932-1935
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- Abbott, Harold T. (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photograph of the seawall beneath the deer park. An unidentified man stands next to a car parked along the service road that runs adjacent to the Potomac River on the Mount Vernon estate.
4 3/4 in. x 3 1/2 in.