Flower Garden--School House in Distance, Prior to November 1935
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- Prior to November 1935
- Abbott, Harold T. (Photographer, Person)
Biographical / Historical
The building pictured in the photograph is the north garden house. There is no evidence to suggest it was ever used as a school room as indicated by the title.
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photograph of snowy upper garden. Includes view of north garden house.
5 in. x 3 3/16 in.