Mount Vernon estate, cistern in deer park, November 1933
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- November 1933
- Abbott, Harold T. (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photograph of the brick cistern in the deer park. Photograph is mounted to cardstock with a written caption that reads: 'Old brick cistern in Deer Park east of springhouse. Process of demolition. Cistern was built by Col. Hollingsworth some time before 1885.'
Overall: 5 1/4 in. x 5 in. Photograph: 5 3/16 in. x 3 1/8 in.
Accession number 'RP-2129 ; Photo-6594b' appears on reverse.