Mount Vernon estate, cistern in deer park, November 1933
Scope and Contents
The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- November 1933
- Abbott, Harold T. (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photograph of the dome top of the cistern in the deer park. The brick structure is covered by earth and nearby lies a shovel and a pile of dirt removed from the cistern. The photograph is mounted to card stock with a written caption that reads: 'Dome-top cistern in Deer Park immediately below springhouse. It was...(continued on reverse) demolished Nov. 1933'
Overall: 5 3/8 in. x 3 7/8 in. Photograph: 5 1/4 in. x 3 1/16 in.
Accession number 'RP-2129 ; Photo-6594a' appears on the reverse.