Mount Vernon Estate, Kitchen and storehouse, 1937
Item — Box: 12
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The Historical Photograph Collection is largely comprised of materials created by or for the Mount Vernon Ladies’ Association. Some of the earliest photographs of the estate were created and sold to visitors by the Association as a means of income. Those efforts helped to establish an important collection of 19th century views. The collection spans the 1850s to 2000s and includes over 140 linear feet of analog material providing a visual history of the Mansion, outbuildings, tombs, grounds, events, visitors, collection objects, personnel, and changes throughout the estate.
- Johnston, Frances Benjamin, 1864-1952 (Photographer, Person)
From the Collection: 147 Linear Feet (Variety of container sizes based on photograph sizes and material types. Over-sized items are housed in drawers.)
Language of Materials
Black and white photograph of kitchen and circle storehouse (north fronts). View includes sundial and portion of mansion circle, as well as parts of smokehouse, wash house, and coach house.
Photograph 1-3: 10 in. x 8 in.
- Circle Storehouse Subject Source: Local sources
- Circle Storehouse, Clerk's Quarters and Paint Cellar Subject Source: Local sources
- Kitchen Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Library Of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms