Two postcards, Mount Vernon - east front and Washington's bedroom in "The Headquarters" Valley Forge, Pa.
Two postcards of the east front of Mount Vernon and Washington's bedroom at the headquarters at Valley Forge: 001 - G 217 Washington's Home, Mt. Vernon, published by The Rotograph Co., N. Y., City. (Germany.), postmarked Washington D. C., Aug 25  and Islip, N. Y., Aug 27 1906 with a green 1-cent Franklin stamp, addressed to Master Joseph Moore; 002 - Washington's Bedroom in "The Headquarters," Valley Forge, PA., published by Post Card Distributing Co., Philadelphia, PA, postmarked illegible, dated 1919?, with a 1-cent green Washington (in profile) stamp.
Belonged to donor's grandparents
Language of Description
- postmarked 1906
- postmarked - 1919?
- The Rotograph Co. (New York and Germany) (Publisher, Organization)
- Post Card Distributing Co. (Philadelphia) (Publisher, Organization)
Language of Materials
- Mansion Subject Source: Local sources
- Mansion exterior Subject Source: Local sources
- Mount Vernon (Va. : Estate) Subject Source: Naf
- Piazza Subject Source: Local sources
- Postcards Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Valley Forge (Pa.) Subject Source: Naf