Letter, from George Clendinen, 1792 November 11
Scope and Contents
Clendinen introduces, to Washington, King Dequen, leader of the Kascashas, and expresses the chief's intent to prevail "upon the Chiefs of Many [Indian] Nations to Travel with him to you,... Hoping that we may all become the Same people. Firmly United to Each Others Interests."
- 1792 November 11
- Clendenin, George, 1746-1797 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: approx. 25 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Correspondence Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Native Americans Subject Source: Local sources
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1789-1797 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington, George, 1732-1799 (Recipient)