[Plan de Gibraltar], 1780
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- Creation: 1780
- From the Collection: Faden, William, 1749-1836 (Person)
- From the Collection: Korn, Christoph Heinrich, 1726-1783 (Person)
- From the Collection: Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 (Person)
- From the Collection: Heiden, Christian Friedrich von der (Person)
- From the Collection: Keulen, Gerard van (1678-1726) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 manuscript map : hand colored ; 20 x 32 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #156; WAG #289345
Cohen & Taliaferro LLC (item purchase at Christie's London 15 November 2006 sale lot 104), 30 November 2006.
Scale [ca. 1:80,000]. French manuscript map of the situation during the Siege of Gibraltar, dated 1 December 1780. Shows forces and fortifications. Oriented with north to the left. Relief shown by hachures. Includes descriptive text and references to batteries. In French.