A map of the Province of New-York : reduc'd from the large drawing of that province, compiled from actual surveys by order of His Excellency William Tryon, Esqr. Captain General & Governor of the same, 1776
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- Sauthier, Claude Joseph (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 map : hand colored ; 71 x 57 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #78; WAG #289238
Cohen & Taliaferro LLC, 19 December 2005.
Scale [ca. 1:1,000,000]. Relief shown by hachures. Prime meridian: New York. Shows administrative boundaries in New York and New Jersey. Also shows portions of Pennsylvania and New England.
London : Wm. Faden, 1776
- Administrative and political divisions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New Jersey Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New York (State) Subject Source: Naf
- Northeastern States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings