An accurate map of the country round Boston in New England from the best authorities, 1776
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- From the Collection: Faden, William, 1749-1836 (Person)
- From the Collection: Korn, Christoph Heinrich, 1726-1783 (Person)
- From the Collection: Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 (Person)
- From the Collection: Heiden, Christian Friedrich von der (Person)
- From the Collection: Keulen, Gerard van (1678-1726) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 map ; 32 x 29 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #23; WAG #289154
Jonathan Potter Limited, 29 November 2005.
Scale [ca. 1:360,000]. Relief shown by hachures. "Publish'd as the Act directs by A. Hamilton Junr. near St. John's Gate Jan. 16,1776." "Engraved for the Town & Country Magazine." Inset: A plan of Boston and Charlestown; from a drawing made in 1771.
London : A. Hamilton, 1776