[Map of the Allegheny and Ohio Rivers] ; Franzosische see kusten von Provence zwischen Marseille und Toulon : Cotes maritimes en Provence entre Marseille et Toulon, 1760?
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- Heiden, Christian Friedrich von der (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 2 maps on 1 sheet : hand colored ; 7 x 32 cm and 9 x 32 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #7; WAG #289354
Four of the seven maps - Boston Rare Maps, 28 November 2011. Three of the set of seven, Boston Rare Maps 5 Jul 2011.
Scale [ca. 1:400,000] ; Scale [ca. 1:2,000,000]. Allegheny and Ohio River map shows forts and Indian tribes and includes notes about engagements. Relief shown pictorially. From von der Heiden's Americanische urquelle. In upper right of Provence map: 32. In German and French.
Augsburg : Christian Friedrich von der Heiden, 1760?
- Allegheny River (Pa. and N.Y.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ohio River Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pennsylvania Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Provence (France) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States -- History -- French and Indian War, 1754-1763 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings