The coast of a part of New England, New York, New Jersey, Pensilvania, Maryland, Virginia, and part of North Carolina &c. with the banks, roks, soundings, shoals, currents, & nautical remarks, composed from a great number of actual surveys and other materials, 1784
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- Keulen, Gerard van (1678-1726) (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 chart ; 59 x 106 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #164; WAG #289346
Richard Arkway, 13 July 1999.
Scale [ca. 1:1,170,000]. Prime meridians: Paris, Tenerife, and Greenwich. Depth shown by soundings. Inset: A plan of the city of New York. "These charts are followed, according to them executed by order of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty in Engeland..." Chart in English. Scale bar in Dutch.
Some light wear.
Amsterdam : Gerard Hulst van Keulen, 1784
- Coasts -- Middle Atlantic States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Coasts -- New England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Middle Atlantic States Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nautical charts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Special Collections at The George Washington Presidential Library at Mount Vernon Repository
PO Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121