The coast of New Schotland, New England, the gulph and river of St. Laurence : the islands of New Foundland, Cape Breton, St. John, Anticosti, and soundings thereof, these charts are followed, according to them executed by order of the Lords Commissioners of the Admiralty in England, 1783
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- Keulen, Gerard van (1678-1726) (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 chart ; 58 x 108 cm.
Language of Materials
Client reference #162; WAG #289346
Richard Arkway, 13 July 1999.
Scale [ca. 1:1,600,000]. Prime meridians: Paris, Tenerife, and Greenwich. Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings. Inset: The city of Quebec. Chart in English. Scale bar in Dutch.
Some light wear.
Amsterdam : Gerard Hulst van Keulen, 1783
- Atlantic Coast (Canada) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maritime Provinces Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nautical charts Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Newfoundland and Labrador Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Québec (Québec) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Saint Lawrence, Gulf of Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Special Collections at The George Washington Presidential Library at Mount Vernon Repository
PO Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121