A new map of Nova Scotia, and Cape Britain : with the adjacent parts of New England and Canada, composed from a great number of actual surveys; and other materials regulated by many new astronomical observations of the longitude as well as latitude ; with an explanation, 1768
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 map ; 48 x 62 cm.
Language of Materials
Client reference #158; WAG #289298
Scale [ca. 1:1,960,000]. 2nd state. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Shows Maritime Provinces, New England, and St. Lawrence River region to Montreal. Includes table of sources of observations. Appears in Jefferys' General topography of North America and the West Indies. London: Printed for Robert Sayer, ... and Thomas Jefferys, 1768.
Some foxing, spotting.
[London] : Thos. Jefferys, 1768
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maritime Provinces Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- New England Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nova Scotia Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Saint Lawrence River Valley Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings