Chart of the Atlantic Ocean, with the British, French, & Spanish settlements in North America, and the West Indies : as also on the coast of Africa, approximately 1753
Sheet four of Green's A chart of North and South America, including the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, with the nearest coasts of Europe, Africa and Asia. Shows nautical exploration routes. Includes text, historical and geographical notes, and tables of comparative astronomical observations.
- approximately 1753
- Green, John, -1757 (Cartographer, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 map ; 48 x 61 cm
Language of Materials
Client reference #305
Scale approximately 1:20,000,000. Relief shown pictorially. Prime meridians: London and Ferro
[London] : Printed for Robert Sayer in Fleet Street and Thomas Jefferys in the Strand, 1753.
- America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Atlantic Ocean Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- North America Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West Indies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings