Sketch of the position of the British forces at Elizabeth Town Point after their return from Connecticut Farm, in the province of East Jersey : under the command of his excelly. Leiutt. Genl. Knyphausen, on the 8th June 1780, 1784
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
1 Sheets : 1 map : color ; 61 x 51 cm.
Language of Materials
Client reference #26; WAG #289159
Richard Arkway, 17 December 1996.
Scale [ca. 1:13,000] ; Oriented with north to the upper right. Relief shown by shading. Shows fortifications, bridge of boats, and positions of individual British units during their retreat to Staten Island. Table of references provides further information.
Created / Published
London : Willm. Faden, 1784
- Elizabeth (N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Fortification Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Maps (documents) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- New Jersey Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Springfield (Union County, N.J.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings