Map of the Siege of Mud Island Fort, approximately 1777
Scope and Contents
This collection contains approximately 300 rare printed maps, unique manuscript maps, and published texts collected by Richard H. Brown, which pertain to the American Revolutionary War era.
- approximately 1777
- From the Collection: Faden, William, 1749-1836 (Person)
- From the Collection: Korn, Christoph Heinrich, 1726-1783 (Person)
- From the Collection: Simcoe, John Graves, 1752-1806 (Person)
- From the Collection: Heiden, Christian Friedrich von der (Person)
- From the Collection: Keulen, Gerard van (1678-1726) (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
English manuscript map showing Mud Island Fort and artillery batteries in the surrounding area.
2 Sheets : 1 map : hand colored ; 38 x 24 cm
Language of Materials
Client Reference # 13 ; WAG # 289139
Scale [ca. 1:3,000]