Letter or journal entry with sketched map of Lake Champlain, 1776 May 10-24
Scope and Contents
Letter or journal entry written from Montreal, Canada on May 24, 1776 with sketched map of Lake Champlain on the back. Describes movement and condition of troops and arms of the Northern Department, some have smallpox and fever. It is unknown who the creator is but was at one time attributed to David Avery. References Benedict Arnold.
- 1776 May 10-24
- Arnold, Benedict, 1741-1801 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: approx. 60 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
- Champlain, Lake Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Manuscript maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Reports Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
Part of the Special Collections at The George Washington Presidential Library at Mount Vernon Repository
PO Box 3600
Mount Vernon VA 22121