Subseries 3.2. Bushrod Washington Bookplates
Scope and Contents
The collection of Washington forgeries and bookplates from the 19th and 20th centuries measures 1 linear foot. Found within the collection are forged Washington documents from notorious forgers Robert Spring, Joseph Cosey, and Charles Weisberg, as well as unidentified forgeries. The collection also contains bookplates – originals, restrikes, and spurious copies – from the Washington family and correspondence related to the sale of forgeries.
- Majority of material found within 1863-1999
- From the Collection: Spring, Robert, 1813-1876 (Creator, Person)
- From the Collection: Cosey, Joseph, 1887-1950 (Creator, Person)
- From the Collection: Washington, William Lanier, 1865-1933 (Creator, Person)
- From the Collection: Weisberg, Charles, -1945 (Creator, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research during scheduled appointments. Researchers must complete the Washington Library’s Special Collections and Archives Registration Form before access is provided. The library reserves the right to restrict access to certain items for preservation purposes.
From the Collection: 1 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials